Price – Submitted by Illustrious Goodfellas for review ($7.50 retail)
Vitola – Short Perfecto (4 7/8 X 54)
Beverage – Coffee w/cream and Bottled Water
Strength – Demi/Sly (2.5/4)
Rating – Rambo (7/10)
Wrapper – Ecuadorian Habano
Binder – Dominican
Filler – Nicaraguan/Dominican
I know what you’re asking yourself, are those Jordan XII’s that he’s wearing? Yes they are, from the original retro release in 2004. So Illustrious Goodfellas is an outfit out of Jacksonville, FL that makes and distributes the Torra brand of cigars (you can check them out here http://www.illustriousgoodfellas.com/). They sent us some samples to try out and I decided to start with the habano.
1) Excellent construction, good draw, good burn
2) When the wrapper is an Ecuadorian Habano, there’s that likelihood you’re in a for a fuller strength smoking experience and the Torra did not disappoint. Rookies approach with caution and veterans are good with some food.
3) Some cocoa and a lot of spice on this bad boy, excellent flavors
4) My smoke time was 50 minutes
Now to the two questions:
1) Would I smoke it again? Yes
2) Would I give it humidor space? Yes
I had no idea what to expect when we got these cigars, but I came away really enjoying the Habano. I’m not a huge fan of the price point on the cigars, but the quality and taste don’t make you regret paying it. If you have the chance to smoke the Torra Habano by Illustrious Goodfellas do your taste buds a favor and do it.