Price – Five pack @ Famous Smoke Shop for only $23
Beverage – Bottled Water
Strength – Bruce (1/4)
Rating – Sabotage (6/10)
Back of the baseball card information:
Size: 6 x 54
Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Wrapper Color: Natural
Wrapper Origin: Nicaraguan
Wrapper Leaf Type: Criollo
I wanted to get a smoke in before I travel to Minneapolis tomorrow for the Blackhawks vs Wild game compliments of a customer and decided to fire up this Perdomo Cuban Alabao. This is my second dance with a Perdomo cigar, and a first date with an Alabao, here are our thoughts:
1) Good construction, excellent and even burn, no touch ups required, and draw was a little tight but overall above average. Not a smoke bomb, but she gives off a good amount of smoke.
2) Definitely a milder cigar, I’m calling it a Bruce, maybe a low-level Demi for some newer smokers.
3) Little bit of spice to the Alabao with some hints of citrus
4) I would say this is perfect cigar for newbie cigar smokers just getting into the game. Good price point, solid cigar with good flavor and not overpowering.
5) Smoke time is a little over an hour
Now to the two questions:
Would I smoke it again? Yes, If I’m looking for a mild, tasty cigar at good price point, I would grab the Alabao
Would I give it humidor space? At $23 for a 5er I’d grab it and give it renter status as good for a go to cigar. The Alabao is also perfect for when you have buddies over who are not typical cigar smokers and want to share.
All in all, solid milder cigar at a great price. I would recommend these as a perfect entry cigar for newer smokers or as a mild go to option for more seasoned smokers.
Drew – I would like to add to this review a little bit as well. Really the review Mo did I think is spot on, I had pretty much the same results with this one. Excellent burn, no draw problems, so that was probably just a one off issue, very mild and tasty cigar and they come in 5 pack for $23 over at Famous Smoke Shop, you can’t not afford to have these on hand, that’s well under $5 a stick.