Price – Compliments of Southern Draw Cigars (Retail – Approximately $8)
Beverage – Water
Size – Box Pressed Robusto (5.5 X 54)
Strength – Demi (2/4)
Rating – Expendables (8/10)
Wrapper – Habano Oscuro
Binder/Filler – Cuban Seed and Nicaraguan Tobaccos
This is my second go round with the Southern Draw cigars, first time with the Kudzu, here are my thoughts:
1) Great construction, easy draw, excellent and even burn
2) I’m calling this an upper level Demi, bordering Sly. I could see this stick being a little on the stronger side though for rookies.
3) The Kudzu hit me with a little bit of spice and coffee flavor
4) My smoke time was one hour and fifteen minutes, but I nursed it
Now to the two questions:
1) Would I smoke it again? Yes
2) Would I give it humidor space? Yes
I really enjoyed the Kudzu and found it very smooth. I’d say it’s in the same neighborhood as the AJ Fernandez New World in terms of comparison purposes, so that’s damn good company. At roughly $8/stick you really can’t go wrong here, get yourself one and light it up!
Thank you to Southern Draw Cigars for sending us the Kudzu for review!